STOP THE ELIMINATION OF OPEN STANDARDS FROM THE EU DIGITAL AGENDA
Please write to Commissioners Almunia, Barnier, Tajani and Kroes demanding:
1. Policies and funding promoting openness in the ICT market.
2. Energetic policies in the public sphere in favour of open standards and open source software in public institutions starting with the EU that presently locks out open source software.
3. EU policies that mandate and legislate for interoperability.
4. An open economy of innovation that provides choice to consumers and an interactive digital sphere for all citizens whatever their operating systems are.
5. Democratic institutions with democratic IT systems that are not dictated by Microsoft.
6. A EU policy of public procurement, competition and internal market that respects Community Law with regards to anti-trust and a fair playing field for all IT products.